Precast bunker silo walls are an excellent long term investment for your feed and fertilizer storage requirements. Time efficient, easy installations and the added flexibility of being able to adjust the layout and add on as your business grows make these precast units attractive for any application to any size of operation.
The Benefits of Precast Bunker Walls
- Tongue and groove interlocking design ensures precise layout
- Easy, quick installation with minimal site preparation
- Bunker walls can be installed on a concrete pad and/or asphalt surface previously existing or new
- Units are available in 6 ft, 8 ft, 10 ft, and 12ft wall heights to suit your storage needs
- Our precast walls are manufactured using a high strength concrete that exceeds the Ontario Building Code by 1.5x times the requirement.
- Low to no maintenance required after the product is installed
- Minimizes spoilage and loss of product
All of our precast products are produced in our CSA certified facility in a controlled environment and adhere to a vigorous quality control regiment to ensure the best in high quality precast products.
Our expert staff is ready and well prepared to help you design a layout that will meet all of your operational needs.
For more information, pricing and availability on our precast bunker walls please contact us at 1-877-253-4577 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound By Design Panels can be used as an effective way to create a sound enclosure around a public utility, or as a long lasting, aesthetically pleasing way to build a trash enclosure typically made of wood. With many different colours and accessories to choose from, Design Concrete can customize our product to suit your requirements.
- Maintenance free walls (economical choice over wood, plastic, composite.)
- Authentic stone replicated pattern at a fraction of the cost of masonry.
- Modular construction allows walls to adapt to your design and provide a substantial reduction in installation costs.
- Accent tones available in a variety of colours achieving effect of real stone.
- Hot dipped galvanized H beams.
- Sound By Design panels provide freeze/thaw resistance, are non-combustible and are all made in our CSA approved manufacturing facility.
- Sound By Design offers many advantages and combined with our knowledgeable staff we are ready to make your next project a success.
For more information please contact us at 1-877-253-4577 or by email email@example.com
Design Concrete now offers anti-graffiti treatments for our concrete products which can be applied during the production process. This eliminates any time period for taggers to vandalize the wall after installation but before the treatment can be applied. Spray paint or other permanent marking products then sit on top of the surface coating allowing for easy removal.
Our standard anti-graffiti solution is a semi-permanent, non-toxic product which is safe for the environment. When graffiti is applied to the wall it sits on top of the surface coating. The graffiti marking is then removed along with the sacrificial coating. The coating is then re-applied to the affected portion of the wall ready to protect against the next graffiti attack.
Standard features include…
- Non-toxic formulas available that will not harm the environment
- Coating can be applied during production, eliminating window of opportunity for vandals
- Coating will not affect the original colour of the surface
- Different packages available for removal and maintenance
- Variety of options available to suit any specific needs
- Other anti-graffiti options are available to meet different project requirements.
For more details please contact our office at 1-877-253-4577 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the standard precast retaining wall block sizes?
Design Concrete’s Retain-A-Rock system is designed around a 24 square foot (face) block; the dimensions are 3’ high x 8’ long and 44” deep. Also available are half blocks (12 sq. ft.) end blocks, and top caps to complete almost any design.
Can I have the product customized?
Customizations can be made to incorporate railings and structures on any Design Concrete retaining wall or product; half blocks and top caps can be used to achieve a wide variety of heights and any other requirements you may have.
Where is the product manufactured?
All of Design Concrete’s products including precast retaining wall blocks, are manufactured in one of our CSA certified facilities and are held to the highest quality standards. Our production plants are located in Seaforth – Ontario.
Why are precast concrete products better?
Precast products offer many advantages over pour in place concrete. Precast simply means the concrete product was manufactured in a plant before hand, as opposed to being cast on-site.
“Because precast concrete products typically are produced in a controlled environment, they exhibit high quality and uniformity. Variables affecting quality typically found on a job site –temperature, humidity, material quality, craftsmanship – are nearly eliminated in a plant environment.”
(NPCA – www.precast.org)
Does Design Concrete install the product, or do I?
Design Concrete can provide products on a supply only basis or supply and installation. If you require installation services please contact our office so we can find a pre-qualified contractor who has worked with us in the past and knows Retain-A-Rock best.
How much manpower and equipment is required for installation?
The majority of the installation process is accomplished with an excavator which eliminates extensive manual labor that is normally associated with average size retaining wall blocks. With 24 square feet of retaining wall installed with one block, the advantages don’t take long to stack up; along with your wall.
How long does it take to install a modular precast retaining wall?
Installation times are always dependent on the size and location of the project. For most projects a general guide of 1200 square feet of precast retaining wall per day can be installed.
What area does Design Concrete service?
Design Concrete’s main service area encompasses Ontario, Quebec, Michigan and surrounding areas; however due to the specific nature and quality of our products, we have shipped as far away as Montana and California.
What is the smallest order I can place?
Standard size products are always kept in stock which allows Design Concrete to supply almost any size of project; large or small. Custom products are made on a “by order” basis and can be ordered in almost any quantity.
How much does it cost?
Costs for production can change depending on variables which fluctuate on a regular basis (i.e. commodity prices). For the most up to date pricing information please contact the Design Concrete office at 1-877-253-4577 or send email to email@example.com
Do I have to make shipping arrangements?
Although generally Design Concrete handles the shipping logistics for their customers, you may make delivery arrangements of your own, if you have the means to do so.
How can I get a quote?
To provide an accurate quote we will require certain information regarding your project. Please contact one of Design Concrete’s sales staff for a Retain-A-Rock quote at 1-877-253-4577.
- ASTM C666/C666M-03(2008) – Resistance of Concrete to Rapid Freezing and Thawing
- ASTM C672/C672M-03 – Scaling Resistance of Concrete Surfaces Exposed to Deicing Chemicals
- CAN/CSA-A23.1-4/A23.204 – Concrete Materials and Methods of Concrete Construction/Methods of Test for Concrete
- CAN/CSA-A23.3-94 (R2000) – Design of Concrete Structures
- CAN/CSA-S6-06 – Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code
- CSA-A23.4-05 – Precast Concrete – Materials and Construction
- OBC – Ontario Building Code
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
To learn more about Design Concrete products, please feel free to call us at
1 (877) 253-4577, email us, or complete our online form.